New unit houses 11 unique reverb effects
Electro-Harmonix introduces the Oceans 11, a compact pedal with advanced functionality that features 11 reverb styles ranging from essential to exotic.
“Our new Oceans 11 multi-function reverb pedal is packed with reverbs ranging from essential to exotic,” says EHX boss Mike Matthews. “There are 11 styles in all and a Mode button that lets you select up to three variations of many. It’s compact, affordable and delivers serious control so you can really fine tune your effects. It also sounds incredible. The Oceans 11 is our best reverb yet!”
The Oceans 11’s Mode button lets the user select up to three variations of many of its reverbs for greater variety. The pedal also features powerful, yet intuitive “hidden” parameters accessible thru its Secondary Knob Mode that enable the player to take greater control of its effects.
An internal Tails switch provides a choice of whether the reverb effect fades out naturally or stops immediately when the pedal is switched to bypass. In most settings the pedal is also capable of producing infinite reverb which can be played over with a fresh reverb effect complete with adjustable parameters.
The Oceans 11’s reverbs are:
1. HALL – reverb characteristic of a grand concert hall
2. SPRING – pays homage to vintage Fender® tube reverbs
3. PLATE – a lush plate reverb
4. REVRS – emulates the reverse reverb effect created in studios where a note’s reverb fades-in backwards
5. ECHO – reverb plus delay, a digital delay feeds into the Plate reverb
6. TREM – reverb plus tremolo applied to both the wet and dry mix of a Hall reverb
7. MOD – modulated reverb, a combination of various modulations creates rich reverb tails
8. DYNA – three dynamic reverb algorithms: swell, gate and duck
9. AUTO-INF – Auto infinite reverb that triggers a reverb wash for each note or chord. When a new one is struck, the previously resounding reverb wash crossfades to the new one
10. SHIM – Shimmer generates a rich octave-shifted reverb wash
11. POLY – Polyphonic reverb, two configurable bi-directional pitch shifts
The Oceans 11 comes equipped with a standard EHX 9.6DC200mA power supply and is available now. Check out the demo below!